Emails are used for a number of purposes. It is one of the most popular ways of communicating with one another. It won’t be wrong to mention that in some cases, if a server of any email service provider goes down, then it could affect several businesses all over the world. There are certain email service providers, which have a global impact, and there are a few that only operates in a particular region. Emails can be operated on any operating system, whether Windows, OS X Mavericks, Linus, Ubuntu and more. In the recent times, there have been certain problems detected by people at the time of using emails on Apple OS X Mavericks. Apple computers are used in large numbers in North America, and they are ones who have complained about problems in accessing mails in OS X Mavericks, especially when they are using Gmail.
What is the problem with emails on Mavericks OS?
Well, some people have reported that a few of their important emails are missing from their inbox. Also, the email app is not getting turned off properly despite various attempts. So, let us discuss all this problems in detail and also try to find out solutions for these problems.
Emails on Mavericks are not appearing in proper manner
To fix this issue, you will have to rebuild your mailbox. When you rebuild mailbox, you will see that most of the issues are getting fixed on their own. If you don’t know how to rebuild your email, then here are the steps to do so:
- The first thing that you have to do is open your email account.
- Click ‘mailboxes’ option and then, select ‘rebuild mailbox’ option.
- This will create a new mailbox with proper structure.
Mail app in Mavericks is not working at all
You can use email apps in Mavericks, but if you find that the app isn’t working, then instead of starting on a calling spree, you should follow below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue.
- Restart your MAC PC, and as you do so, keep in mind that ‘reopen OS at the time of logging back again’ option should be disabled.
- After restarting your computer, click on ‘System preferences’ and after that, web accounts.
- Now, you will have to click on the very first account that you see on the sidebar. After that, click on ‘remove’ option followed by ‘delete’.
- If you have multiple accounts that make use of the same process, then remove all those.
- After that, you will have to reactivate all those accounts. So, click on the box corresponding to each and every account and also enter the respective email ID and password.
Note: Be careful while doing these settings on an email account that uses POP server settings because in that, all your emails will be removed.
Getting blank emails in Mac OS X Mavericks
If you are getting blank emails as well, then here are the steps that you have to follow:
- You need to click on the finder and then, press the down option and hold it. At the same time, click ‘Go’ option followed by choosing the library option.
- You can easily see your email accounts by going to mail/library/user option.
- Now, you have to copy your mailboxes to the desktop.
- Choose Apple mail and click ‘continue’ option.
- Find your mailbox followed by clicking ‘choose’ button.
- Now, you can easily import emails to your new folder, and also drag & drop emails.