Setting up an email can finish up in two minutes or can take days and weeks. One tiny mistake in the settings can halt the entire set up process of an email. If you are looking to set up your SBCglobal email on Mac OS Lion, then I would suggest that you should take the assistance of professionals because they have done it a thousand times before, so it won’t bother them much to get it done one more time.
Mac OS Lion is one of the most amazing operating systems that are available on the market today. Having launched a few months ago, it became the ‘Apple’ of the eye for many users. Doing work on a Mac computer that has Mac OS Lion in it is a pleasurable experience because of the fast response of the actions and the overall performance of the device, which is boosted with the inclusion of such an intuitive OS.
Apple Mac computers come with a built-in email app as well, which can be used by users to configure all their emails in one place. It is always better to have all your emails channeling to one place as that makes doing work a lot easier. So, many users have configured their SBCglobal email with the email app of their Mac computers, which as of late, they are experiencing issues while accessing their email accounts. They have no idea as to what has caused the problem in the first place. So, let us delve into this problem and find out the right solution for the same.
Troubleshooting ‘SBCglobal email not working in Mac OS Lion’ problem:
- To begin with, you need to remove the current email setup from the email app because we are going to start afresh.
- Now, go to ‘settings’ of your email app.
- In ‘settings’ you will see an option named ‘mail, contacts and calendars’, which you will have to tap and after that, select ‘accounts’ option.
- You will see a list of account types, so select the option named ‘add account’ from the list.
- Now, click an option named ‘other’, which will open a new account form. After that, you need to select ‘add mail account’ option.
- In ‘email’ field, you will have to enter your ‘SBCglobal email’ along with the password in the password field.
- There will be a column for description as well, so you can write something about the email as if it is your business email or personal email. This is not a mandatory field, so you can skip it if you want. Now, tap ‘next’.
- Select ‘POP’ option now, which you can find at the top of the page.
- It’s time to enter values in the fields that you see on the screen. In ‘hostname’, enter ‘inbound.att.net’. In ‘Username’ field, enter your SBCglobal email address, and in ‘Password’ field, enter the password for your SBCglobal email address.
- Click ‘Next’ and then, you will be directed to outgoing mail server form.
- Now, add values in the ‘Username’ and ‘password’ fields given in the ‘Outgoing mail server’ form. In ‘Username’, you will have to enter your SBCglobal email address, and in ‘Password’, you have to enter the password for SBCglobal email settings. In the ‘Domain name’ field, enter ‘outbound.att.net’.
- Now, you will have to click ‘Save’ in order to save all the settings.
You can now use your SBCglobal email in the email app of your Mac computer. If you encounter any problem now, then you can log onto sbcgloballogin.com for precise assistance.