Are you using an HTC or Droid phone? Well, you are using one of the most advanced smartphone brands in the world. HTC phones have a wide range of features, which will make your phone using experience a lot better. That goes for emails as well, for example, if you have an email account and want to use it on your HTC phone, then you are going to love the experience. Similarly, Droid phones are also packed with a wide range of features, so if you are using a Droid phone, even then, you can follow the steps given below.
In order to enjoy using SBCGlobal email on your HTC phone, you will have to first make sure that it is properly set up on the phone. The steps that we are going to discuss today are common for all HTC models. If you wish to change to the settings of your server from HTC phone, then go to SBCGlobal email settings. You just need to make sure that SBCGlobal email is properly configured, and if it is, then you can use the email account in a seamless way.
If you are looking to set up SBCGlobal email on your Droid phone, then you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to phone settings from the home screen. After that, go to ‘Applications’
- From the list of apps, you need to select ‘Email’.
- Now, you need to enter your email address (full email address) in the right box.
- Enter the password for that email account.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed ahead.
- Click ‘SBCGlobal email’ from the list of email service providers.
Note: I would like to mention one important thing here is that you can only run a single account at a time on your phone. If that account has already been set up on the phone, then you will have to delete it followed by configuring SBCGlobal net email. In order to remove the current email account from Droid phone, you will have to open ‘Settings’ on your phone followed by selecting ‘Remove’ account option from the email menu.
- Enter your SBCGlobal email address and its password in the appropriate fields.
- Enter ‘sbcglobal.net’ in the server address box.
- Select ‘Next’ to move to the next step.
- Tap ‘Finish’ to finish the setup process. With this, the steps to configure SBCGlobal email on HTC phone concludes.
This is all about the setup steps of SBCGlobal email for your Droid phone. If you want to configure SBCGlobal email on your HTC phone, then you need to follow the steps below:
- Click ‘Grid’ icon on your phone, which you can find at the bottom of the email login screen.
- Click ‘Email’.
- Enter ‘SBCGlobal email’ username and email ID.
- Enter the password for the email account.
- In the next step, select ‘POP3’ server and enter the below-mentioned information.
- Username: Enter your SBCGlobal email address.
- Password: Enter the password for your email address.
- POP3 Server: Enter ‘pop3.sbcglobal.net’ in the server address field.
- Port number: 995.
- Security Type: Select ‘SSL’ type to authenticate the servers of your email account.
- Click ‘Next’ to save the information.
- Type in ‘SMTP’ information for outgoing server followed by entering ‘smtp.sbcglobal.com’ in the server address.
- Enter ‘465’ in the port number field.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Your email has been set up and you can now enter additional information as per your best understanding.
- Select ‘Next’ to save the information.
If you come across any issue while performing the aforementioned steps, then you can get in touch with SBCGlobal support for the best assistance.