Microsoft has been into the email business for decades now. When internet first came to existence, it was Microsoft email service that was quite popular with web surfers. The company made rapid progress in its email platform to make it compliance with the surging requirements of the users. At the beginning of 2000s, the company rolled out MS Outlook 2003, which was one of the most versatile and user-friendly email services with sbcglobal net mail. It remained the best email client for some years, then it was pushed down by its newer versions. However, people still remember MS Outlook 2003 as a turning point in the history of email services. If you want to know how to configure an email on MS Outlook 2003 using POP settings, then that is what we were planning to discuss today.
Outlook 2003 is the software included in the Microsoft Office 2003 suite. It was widely used but was gradually replaced by outlook 2007 and outlook 2010. In this tutorial, you will see how to set up a POP account on Outlook 2003 to receive and send your emails.
- Open Outlook 2003 and in Tools click Mail Accounts.
- Tick Add an e-mail account and click Next.
- After that select POP3 then click Next
- In this step, you are asked to specify the sbc yahoo login e-mail settings. To do this, fill in the fields as shown below:
- Your name: your name
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Enter the password for your SBCGlobal email.
- Incoming mail server (POP3): inbound.att.net.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outbound.att.net.
When the fields are complete, click Next and then Finish.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up your account, the tutorial is now complete!
The process of configuring an email account on MS Outlook 2003 is very easy, and it doesn’t matter which email service you use, the process remains the same. We have used SBCGlobal email server settings, as it is one of the most widely used emails in the US, but you can use any email for that matter.
Now, as we have used a very old version of MS Outlook, there is a chance that things may go wrong. If you come across any issue while configuring your email address with MS Outlook, then you can consult At&T Technician for their assistance.