In the business world, emails play a paramount role in terms of communication. Without emails, I’m not sure how businesses would operate because businesses all over the world are interconnected these days, and in order to communicate, they make use of emails because it is the cheapest way to convey messages from one point to another. But, at times, emails contain spam as well, so it is extremely important for users to pay attention as to what they are receiving in their inboxes.
Spam mails with links to the phishing sites is not a new thing, as people have been sending such emails from the very beginning of email sending process. It is up to the users as to how they deal with such emails. SBCGlobal email is very strict on safeguarding the accounts of its users. This is the reason that the company has joined hands with top antivirus services that check each and every email that comes into the SBCGlobal email network.
But, I will not recommend users to just rely on the antivirus because those who are sending spam emails are quite smart. They know how to bypass the antivirus protection and reach the inbox of the innocent people. If you are using SBCGlobal email and want to protect your system from viruses and malicious elements that are latched onto the emails, then here is what you are going to do:
- There is an antivirus program integrated into the SBCGlobal email, yet people should install an antivirus program on their systems. Make sure that the antivirus program is capable of scanning attachments that come with emails. Update the antivirus program on a regular basis in order to stay protected from new antiviruses that appear on the internet.
- The next step for you would be to check the email address of the If you are getting emails from senders who you know nothing about, then beware of such emails, as these could contain harmful files that could stall the functioning of your system. Although it is not obvious that the emails from unknown addresses will contain malicious elements, all I’m saying is to be alert because you never know which email is going to harm your system.
- You will have to check the subject line of emails that are sent by unknown senders. If the subject looks fishy, then you should prohibit yourself from opening that email. I have observed one thing about spam emails that the text used in such emails are glittery and feels like you have won a jackpot, but in reality, all they want is to steal money from you. Don’t drool over the content that is written in such emails because it is nothing but a hoax. The main motive for you should be how to protect your SBCGlobal net email and nothing else.
- There will be links and images given along with the messages, so you need to avoid clicking on those until you know where they are pointing to. If the websites seem to be genuine, only then you should click on the links and images.
- If there is an attachment given alongside the email, then you should scan that first. If it comes clean, only then you should open it, otherwise just give it a pass.
- If the email is sent by a person who is added to your contact list, but you weren’t expecting any email from him/her, then beware. That email could consist of malicious files having the potential to harm your system. You need to send a reply to that sender asking if he/she really sent the email or not. If you get a positive reply, only then you should open the email.
Follow these aforementioned tips, and you will be able to protect your SBCGlobal net mail from any viruses and other dangerous elements.