When it comes to logins, even though you are a seasoned user, there are still some times when you may have to face issues with your login. If you could not log in to your Att email account and face any att email login errors, this guide is for you. Encountering such an issue is sometimes a problem for iPhone users. The reasons could either be technical glitches or server-side or client-side errors. However, you can fix these errors in no time, even without technical knowledge.
Reasons for att email login Errors and their Solutions-
An Incompatible Browser– Sometimes, even the browser can cause login errors when they can’t access or display content.
- Try using a different internet browser to log in to your Att account to tackle this issue.
Incorrect Login Details– Incorrect usernames or passwords can cause these issues.
- You can try a good solution by resetting your password details or recovering your old login details. Check out the other section of this guide to reset your email account password.
Third-party Software- Antiviruses could also result in these problems.
- To fix this issue, you can attempt to uninstall third-party software.
Missing Adobe Flash Player- A flash player is responsible for displaying the content on a computer. So if it is missing, you may be unable to log in to your account.
- To solve the above issue, you should install Adobe Flash player to fix it.
Lousy Internet Connection- Sometimes, errors from the server’s side can occur due to a bad internet connection. Consequently, these errors can result in login errors.
- To fix this issue, you can either try to reconnect to the network again or try a different network.
If your email account isn’t configured correctly, you will face att email login errors.
- To eliminate these recurring problems, it would be better to reconfigure your email account on your iPhone.
- Do it with the correct POP3 and IMAP settings. Keep reading on to know the proper way of doing the settings below.
Follow these instructions to do IMAP settings on your iPhone.
- Incoming server – imap.mail.att.net
- Incoming Server Port number – 993
- SSL (Incoming Server Security) – SSL
- Outgoing Server – smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Server Port number – 465
- Authentication Required – Yes
Follow these instructions to reset the password of your email account-
- First, go to your account login portal.
- Below the input field, you will see the forgot password link. You Click on it.
- After you have clicked on the link, the password reset page will open.
- You will get two options to change the password on the password reset page.
- The first option would be to answer the security question. You must answer all the questions correctly to reset the password.
- The second option will be to get the password reset link on your registered mobile number or your valid alternative email.
- After choosing the option, you must set a new password for your email account. The new password must be strong for account security.
- With this, you will be able to reset your password.
If the issue lingers, it’s always better to get expert help. You can contact Att Email Login customer service to find the relevant solutions to your problem.