The Mac OS X operating system includes a basic mail client called Apple Mail that can connect to any email account that uses the POP3 or IMAP protocols. Apple Mail is also the default email app in Mac OS X, which is used by users to configure many of their emails. I mean, it is better to have a single platform for sending, receiving and reading emails, and Apple email is perfect for such things.
The best thing about the Apple email app is that it is quite versatile, and by that I mean, the app supports all sorts of email services, including SBCGlobal email login. If you are using SBCGlobal email and looking to know how to configure it with Apple email, then you just need to have a few details with you, which obviously you can find on the official SBCGlobal email login website, but that is not what we are here today. The discussion today is on a different topic, i.e., fixing duplicate emails sent from Apple email.
With older versions of Mac OS X, you may experience a problem when Apple Mail constantly posts duplicates in your “Sent” folder or subfolders of the mailbox. If you have ever experienced this, then you must be knowing how annoying this problem really is. To permanently fix the problem, reset the system file loaded to sort the items by email because it probably corrupted. The steps work for Mac OS X 10.1 or later, so make sure your Mac computer is running on this operating system.
Fixing Duplicate Emails Sent from Apple Email
- Exit the Apple Mail program if it is currently running or open.
- Click on the “Finder” icon in the dock at the bottom of your desktop.
- Go to “File” in the main menu and choose “Find” command.
- Type “MessageSorting.plist” in the search field and press “Enter” to perform a search.
- Click the “MessageSorting.plist” under the file icon.
- Add “old” at the end of the file name, so that it changes “MessageSorting.plist.old.”
- Press “Enter” to save the changes to the file.
- Restart the Apple Mail program. The application automatically creates a new sorting file system message and resolves the problem of duplication.
This is how you can get rid of duplicate emails sent from Apple email. However, if the problem persists in your Apple email, then you should consult experts because maybe you are dealing with some other problem as well. Get your Apple email checked from experts, as that will help you find out as to what exactly the problem was.