Are you facing issues while accessing your business email? If yes, then are you using SBCGlobal email as your business email? Then, you should take a look at the steps given in the post regarding how to fix SMTP password error and email sending failed error in the email account.
Business email is one of the most used communication tools in practically any type of organization, and for all of us who use it, not being able to send or receive messages, even for a short period of time, is quite frustrating. If you are using a business email, which happens to be SBCGlobal email, then you must have experienced a few issues with your email.
Two of the most common problems that people come across while accessing SBCGlobal email is SMTP password error while sending emails and the inability of the email to reach the destination. If you are dealing with these two problems, then read the blog carefully, as you will definitely be able to find solutions to your problem.
SMTP password error when sending messages
When trying to send an email, there is a password error. Normally SMTP servers require authentication by their users (servers that do not have this security configuration are used by spammers to send spam through them). Try the following:
- In your mail management program, verify that you have the option to indicate that the SMTP exit server requires authentication.
- Verify-in your mail program that your username and password are correct.
- If you have changed the password for your email account from the service administration panel, remember to update this information in your email program.
- Verify that you use port 26 for sending mail, instead of 25; often Internet access providers block the latter for security.
- Make sure your firewall or antivirus program is not blocking port 25 or port 26.
Messages do not reach the destination
Many may be the causes of why they do not reach their destination, but the important thing is to identify if:
- The origin server delivered the email, and it has fallen into a “black hole”.
- The message did not leave the source email server.
- The message is delayed in some intermediate server or is still in the queue of the outgoing server.
- The message you sent did not reach the recipient but the server of the recipient’s account sent you an error message indicating the reason(s) why the mail could not be received.(For example, that the client has the message box saturated, or that the address is incorrect but the server responds because it is the domain to which the message is sent, etc.)
It often happens that an email may take an hour or more to reach its destination, and in other cases, the delivery and reception is almost immediate. There is no simple way (for someone not specialized) to know “where is your email” at a certain time, but before being alarmed take into account this possibility: not always the reception of an email sent is instantaneous or with a delay of just seconds.
If you have followed the aforementioned steps to resolve the problems that you are facing in your business email, yet experiencing the same problems, then you should consult email experts as only they can provide the right assistance to you regarding these problems.