You can easily access SBCGlobal email from any of your Android-based devices. However, some unlucky users are getting the problem in opening their inbox folder from their Android device. They are getting SBCGlobal password error on the screen. They believe that this password error might be due to the update required for OS or some problem with the email app. No need to worry, we are going to discuss steps to troubleshoot this error.
Today, in this post we will discuss how you can get rid of annoying SBCGlobal password error from the Android device screen. We will try to resolve the problem through this page. In case you find any difficulty in understanding the steps, then you can contact SBCGlobal email support.
We will discuss 5 basic methods to fix the problem that is being encountered on SBCGlobal email account. Read all steps carefully and slowly before performing them on your own.
Step 1: Verify the recent activity on your device: For this, you need to go to SBCGlobal email settings from the account page and click on the ‘Usual activity’ link.
- Go to ‘Security’ settings of your email account login.
- Tap ‘Recent activity’ link.
- Go to ‘Devices and recent activity’ section.
- If you find any extra entry in the log book, then authenticate it immediately.
Step 2: Incorrect password entry: If the password you are entering is wrong, then you will definitely get the wrong email password message on the screen. Enter the password carefully or if you have forgotten the password, then click on ‘Reset’ password link to recover the password.
Step 3: Sign out of the account from PC
- If you are signed-in from the computer for an SBCGlobal email account, then you must sign-out from the account and try opening the login page again. If you are still facing the same problem, then it means there is some problem with the email server settings. You need to get the device verified by submitting the verification code through it.
- We recommend you to sign-out of the account from computer prior to opening the mail on your Android It is all recommended only for your ease. Enter the SBCGlobal email password and email address on the login page of your Android device email app.
Step 4: Disable multiple step verification: To disable 2 step verification, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Sign-in to the account.
- Go to the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to ‘Account settings’ and click on ‘SBCGlobal mail settings’ menu.
- Once you click on it, you will find ‘2-step’ verification option there.
- Toggle to disable the verification process.
Step 5: Generate password
- Log in to the account from the browser.
- Validate your identity by entering the captcha.
- Create a new and strong password for your email app and try login to the account with the new password from the android device.
This is how you can get rid of annoying SBCGlobal password error from the android screen. We hope you will get success after implementing the steps mentioned above. In case you have any query or doubt, feel free to contact the SBCGlobal email support team. You can ask your query from the technical representative without any hesitation.