Have you recently updated the outlook version in your device? If yes, then it’s fine, you have done a good job. However, some users have started getting the problem in accessing the SBCGlobal mail after updating the Outlook mail client program. They are facing problem in reading the mail, fetching attachments or issue with the inbox folder. If you are facing any of these issues, then we are going to discuss steps to get rid of this problem.
1st problem: Some emails are getting forwarded to Safe list or junk folder:
If you have configured all the Junk emails to the ‘Safe list’ then, you will start receiving the mail in the safe list first then in the inbox folder. However, all the emails sent through unsafe mail address will receive directly in the inbox folder.
Solution: To get rid of this problem, you need to check the Outlook version and update it immediately. Go to ‘File’>’Account’>Update now.
2nd problem: No unread mail or mail tabs are available in the Outlook.
If you find All the Unread, mentioned or filtering option hidden on the outlook, then you can follow the steps mentioned here as under:
If the outlook version is 1703 or higher, then all the mail options like Filter, sort, and mail folder will start displaying on the Menu folder. You will find all the menus under the drop-down menu.
To check the version currently installed in the device, open ‘File’, then go to ‘Office account’.
How to filter and arrange the messages in the SBCglobal account on Outlook?
In order to arrange messages according to the ‘Read’, ‘Unread’ or ‘Mentioned’ options, you have to select the menus accordingly. If you want to arrange according to the date and time of the message you have received, then you can click ‘Arrange by’ then on ‘Date and time’.
Besides this, you can also use the ‘Filter mail’ option from the ribbon. In case of more information or support, you can contact SBCGlobal mail support.
To check the current settings of mail, click on ‘triangle’ given under ‘Field header’.
How to make use of Quick Access Toolbar?
This option is used to open the menu quickly through applied filters. You can add a filter to the ‘Quick access menu’ very easily. For example, if you want to add ‘Unread’ folder in the toolbar, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click ‘Search’ to search for anything from the ‘Search box’.
- When you click on ‘Search’ under the toolbar, you will find ‘Unread’ folder. Click to add it to the quick access toolbar.
- If you want to add ‘Arrange by’ preference to the quick access toolbar, then you can do so quite easily.
- Right click on the given option to customize it from the ribbon menu.
- You can also add a group under the ‘Mail’ option in Ribbon tab.
- Once you add a group, you can rename it easily from the given options.
- ‘Choose commands from’ option given on the top center of the ribbon allows you to select commands you want to add in the toolbar.
- To move the group to the higher level, you can click on ‘UP’ option. If you want, you can swap the group according to choice.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to save all changes.
- In the same way, you can add ‘Arrange By’ option in the Quick Access toolbar. The procedure for adding this filter is the same as that of adding other filters.