In case, you are unable to sign into your SBCglobal email account, then maybe your account has been flagged for sending spam. If you are unable to receive any email, then chances are that your email account has been hacked or compromised. To know the options you have in order to recover your account and prevent future attacks, read on.
Changing SBCglobal email password
You need to safeguard your account from security threats, which can be done if you change your password. After signing into your, the first thing that you need to do is clicking, ‘change sign in the password.
What to do in order to recover a hacked SBCglobal email account?
Signs your SBCglobal email account has been compromised:
If you get a notice from AT&T Internet Services Security Center that an email address on your account is sending spam or you are unable to sign into your email account or you can’t receive emails, then it is possible that your email account has been hacked, phished or compromised. Below-mentioned is some other symptoms of a compromised email address.
- Getting complaints about spam emails being received from your email ID.
- You are not receiving any email.
- Certain emails are missing from your inbox.
- Receiving large numbers of bounced or undeliverable messages you didn’t send.
- Unable to sign into your email account.
- Seeing unknown emails in your email account’s ‘Sent’ folder.
- Getting an email about winning a reward.
The reason why email accounts, password, and other crucial info get compromised is that of phishing attempts or keylogging malware. Once the thief steals the info, it can be used by anybody who is not authorized and he/she will then send spam or fraudulent emails.
However, you shouldn’t worry at all seeing all that happening because you can recover your account information by following below-mentioned steps:
Recover your email account
You need to review all the possible areas of vulnerability and make all the necessary changes to recover your email account and get rid of all possible sources of the hack.
Change email password
By changing your email account password you can minimize the risk that is lurking on your SBCglobal email account. The new password that you create must be stronger and harder to guess even by your known ones.
Create or update your account security questions and answers
You can enable the option where you are supposed to answer the security question in order to access your email account.
Secure your computers
You will have to protect your computers against malware as this can steal all your personal information stored on the computer including passwords of your online accounts.
- You need to scan your computer with a reliable and up-to-date antivirus program.
- You can also install an up-to-date anti-malware software to dig deep into the computer to find the malware infected files.
- Make sure that your OS is up-to-date with all security updates.
Review and update your SBCglobal email settings
You need to access your settings by going to ‘Gear’ icon at the top right followed by selecting ‘Settings’.
- Email Signature: Check if there is any change or unknown piece of content.
- Accounts: Check all the email accounts listed followed by selecting ‘Edit’ to view the details of your email account(s) in order to see any incorrect or unknown accounts under POP or forward.
- Verify spam settings, sending name, reply-to address, and other info. Delete the info that you don’t know anything about.
- Vacation Response: When not in use, disable ‘Vacation Response’ option.
- Blocked Addresses: Verify that your SBCglobal email address is not listed in the ‘Blocked Email Addresses’ list. In case it is, then remove it and select ‘Save’.
- Review Contacts: Check if the information that you have entered related to your contacts is correct. Remove the contact that you know nothing about.