Today, we are going to discuss some steps to change the SBCglobal settings of existing account created on OSX 10.11. If you are curious to know the steps for changing the settings, then keep reading this post. You no longer require any need to call at Customer support number of SBCglobal mail.
For more help and support, you can select ‘How to change or set up account’ link from your OS X based device.
For your information, we want to convey here that you can change the settings of your mail configured in Mac mail. If you want to change the security server settings of your mail, then it’s quite easy to do so.
Before proceeding with the steps, it is important to take backup of your data stored in an SBCglobal email account. If the data get deleted from the server, you can’t restore it anymore. The risk is more in POP type accounts.
This is quite a known fact that when you change the password of your SBCglobal account, it will get saved only when it is changed in incoming as well as the outgoing server. So, changing password from SSL settings page doesn’t guarantee password change for your email account.
1st step: Change the incoming server settings
- For this, you need to go to internet option from the SBCglobal email account page. Click on your account from the list of email accounts.
- To change the incoming server settings, click on the incoming option.
2nd step: Update password
- To change the password of your SBCglobal email, you need to login to the email account and click on ‘Accounts’ from the preference menu.
Changing the connection type and the incoming server name of your SBCglobal account:
- Click on ‘Advanced’ option from the bottom right of the screen. A pop-up menu will appear. Click on it to check the hostname.
- If you want to change the SSL settings of your account, then hostname is required.
- For Non-SSL, the only domain will be used.
- Click to save the settings.
Configuring outgoing server settings
- Go to ‘Preference’ from the main window pane. Click on ‘Internet accounts’. Here, select SBCglobal email account from the list.
- On ‘Account information’ page, click on ‘Outgoing server’. Click to change the server list.
How to change the name of the outgoing server:
- Click on outgoing server name from the opened window in front of mail screen. Set the name of your choice and click to save it.
- When you set SSL for the server, it will start using the hostname.
- As mentioned in non-SSL servers, only the domain name is sufficient.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ option from the outgoing server window.
- Port number: The port number for an outgoing server is 587 by default.
- SSL: For SSL, the respective box must be checked in otherwise, you will get the problem in using SSL servers.
- Authentication: It must be password.
- Enter the SBCglobal username and password right after the previous step to check if the selected settings are applied or not.
- If the settings are configured successfully, then you can start using the account with new settings.
- Click to exit the window.
In case of any help or support, call at Email support or log in to email support helpline page.