Before starting with the email configuration, you need to have a proper internet connection and valid server address details like full email address, username, password, SMTP server, POP3 server, port number, and SSL authentication.
Setup using Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook comes as a part of the office suite. It provides detailed information related to an internet email account. To configure SBC account using SBC mail, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Open outlook.
- Go to File menu and click on ‘Info’. Go to ‘Settings’.
- From ‘Account settings’ go to ‘Drop-down’ menu.
- On Email tab, Open email account and click on ‘Next’.
- Go to ‘Manual setup’ or click on ‘Additional server types’.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Open ‘Internet email and click ‘Next’.
- From this section, you need to click on ‘POP or IMAP’ account type.
- Setup your SBC account. To set it up, you can either select a manual or automatic method.
To configure the new email account automatically, follow the steps mentioned here as under. If you find any problem, you can contact SBC Global mail support.
- Enter your complete name in the ‘Your name’ field.
- Enter email address in the ‘Email address box’.
- You can ask the information about the server from the internet service provider. Your email address is usually in the form of a first and last letter of the name of ISP separated by @ symbol.
- In the password field, enter the password of your email service.
- Re-type your password in the password field. Click ‘next’ to proceed to the next This will auto start the setup process. Outlook will try to configure the account automatically.
- When the account gets successfully configured, you will find a message on the screen displaying ‘Account successfully configured’.
- Click to conclude the setup. Close the dialog box appeared on the screen.
To set up the account manually:
- Click on ‘Manually configuring the settings’.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Go to ‘Internet email’ followed by ‘Next’.
- Enter personal details in the next couple of fields.
- Select Account type from the server information box.
- Enter the incoming server address, and the port number
- Enter the SMTP outgoing server address in the relative field.
- Click on ‘Other’ to enter SBC in the name of email service field.
- Enter username and password in the Login information.
- If your ISP requires to remember login, then click on ‘Require login’ option.