In the past few years, the users of SBC Global email have found some issues with its email services. Therefore, the loyal users of SBC global started configuring the MS Outlook app to use the SBC global email on their computers. But lately, MS Outlook also has started showing errors with SBC Global email configurations.
There are reports from several SBC Global users saying that SBC Global emails are not working with the MS Outlook desktop apps.
Now it is a smart move to configure the SBC global emails on the Microsoft Outlook app and avoid the webmail login issues. But if you haven’t used the proper configuration settings to set up your email account, then it may create issues. Proper configuration of the email setup is necessary to avoid email-related issues.
And we understand that how important it is for you to have your SBC global email app working. Therefore, you will find the easy steps to resolve the SBC global issues and set up SBC Global.net email account in your Outlook app in this guide.
Thus, go through the following steps to resolve the email issue:
1st Step: Disconnect the SBCGlobal Email account from the Outlook app
- To delete the SBCGlobal account from your account, open your outlook app and open the Files tab.
- Then find the Account Settings option and click on that.
- In the Account Settings tab, you will find the Manage Profiles option; click on that. And then further select the Show Profiles option.
- You will find the SBCGlobal account option in the Show Profiles tab; select that.
- Then lastly, open the contextual menu, and select the Remove button. This will remove the SBCGlobal account and its configurations from your Outlook app.
Before going further, we suggest you disable the Windows Firewall and real-time protection of the third-party antivirus program. These features can create hindrances in the configuration process.
2nd Step: To run the MS Outlook Program in Safe window mode
- Firstly, open the MS Outlook app in the safe window mode. To open the safe window mode, press the Win+R button on your keyboard and hold them for a while.
- This will open a pop-up box or the Windows Run Dialog Box on the screen.
- Now, you need to type Outlook/Safe Mode in this pop-up box and then press the enter button.
- This way, your Outlook app will open in the Safe Window Mode.
3rd Step: List of common requirements for SBCGlobal Email configuration on Outlook app
- First, you need to have a stable and strong internet connection.
- Then you need to keep the credential details like email address, username, and password handy.
- Now you need to check the SBC Global Email server settings for Outlook with the following details:
- The SBC Global email server settings for the IMAP server:
- The incoming email server should be imap.mail.att.net.
- Port number for the incoming port is 993
- The outgoing email server is smtp.mail.att.net.
- Port number for the outgoing port is 465.
- The Encrypted connection should be SSL.
- Click yes in the Required authentication section.
- The SBCGlobal email settings for the POP server:
- The Incoming email server should be inbound.att.net.
- Port number for the incoming port should be 995.
- The Outgoing email server should be outbound.att.net.
- Port number for the outgoing port is 465.
- The Encrypted Connection should have the SSL settings.
- And mark Yes in the Required authentication section.
- And lastly, you need to make a backup of your SBC Global email data. This will prevent the loss of any useful or essential data during the setup process.
4th Step: Reconfiguration of the SBC Global email account for the Outlook app
Now you need to re-add your SBC Global Account in the Outlook app.
- So first, open the Outlook app on your computer and go to the File tab.
- Then click on the Account settings option.
- Click on the Email tab option and then click on the New option.
- Select the Server settings option, and then tap on the Next button. Now you need to select the Internet Email Addresses option.
- Now again, press the Next button, and it will open the User Data tab. Here you need to enter your username and email address.
- After entering your email details, tap on the Type of account option. Here you have to choose either the IMAP server or POP server settings and fill in the server information as given in the previous section.
- Then enter the following information in the next step. You need to enter the following information in the Login Information tab:
- Put in your SBC Global email ID or User ID in the Email address section.
- Enter your SBC Global email account password in the password section.
- In the login with security section, select the SSL Encrypted Connection option.
- And lastly, tap on the Test Account settings option. This will check that the information that you have entered for your SBC Global email account configuration is correct or not. Once the test is done, select the Next and then the Finish button to complete the reconfiguration process.
5th step: Lastly, Switch to Google’s DNS
- So first, open the Network and sharing center tab from the Taskbar tab. This will open your device’s Network.
- Now click on the Change adapter option. Right-click on your current network and open its Properties.
- Then click on the option Internet Protocol Version 4/ (TCP/IPv4). Now again, open the Properties tab using the drop-down menu.
- Then select the option Use following DNS server addresses option. And then fill in 184.108.40.206 in the column saying Preferred DNS server, and type 220.127.116.11 in the column saying Alternate DNS Server
- Lastly, select the OK button to save the changes. This will resolve your SBC Global email issue on the MS Outlook app.
Now you can again log in to your SBC Global email account on your MS Outlook app. Visit us for more information at SBCGlobal.net Email Login and If you are facing the same issues with Att, contact Att Yahoo Email Login