This blog post will be helpful for those who want to transfer their SBCglobal webmail account to Gmail account. The steps for switching is quite easy, it just need your proper concentration nothing else. No new purchase or additional tools are required, just need fetcher utility that is part of Gmail only.
It is worth mentioning here that this utility is useful for those users who have created the accounts before june11, 2011. Only these users can able to transfer their accounts to Gmail account else will not because the company does not provide POP3 server to the users after this date. In this case direct transfer takes place. Here I am going to explain the process for transferring account in very simple and straightforward way, which is the key reason behind writing this article.
- The very first step is log into your Gmail account with help of Gmail address and password.
- Click on the gear icon from the toolbar then select the ‘settings’ menu.
- Go to the ‘accounts’ option and add a webmail account under POP3 option. Click on the check box then.
- Enter the SBCglobal net mail address in the first box and password in the next box. Click on the ‘next’ icon after entering the both.
- You will see POP server fields where you have to enter ‘inbound.att.net’ and change the port number settings too. The port number will be ‘995’.
- Tick mark the option that displays ‘leave a copy to the server’ on the screen. This will lock your mails from deletion.
- In order to retrieve the mails from the account check out the box with message ‘always use SSL’
- It’s time to select the option’ label incoming messages’ which will enable the Gmail account to receive the specific mails from SBCglobal net login account. Separate folder for separate emails will be allocated on Gmail account.
- If you want to stop receiving messages from SBCglobal webmail then you can do so by clicking on the check box appearing opposite to ‘archive incoming message’.
- The process for transferring mail start quickly once you added an account to Gmail. This will take several minutes based on the numbers of messages you have kept in your SBCglobal webmail.
An imperative hint
If you are having SBCglobal account and it’s going to be expired soon, which you have created after June 11th then there in best option available for you. Instead of transferring the account to gmail account just download the Email on a client like thunderbird from Mozilla or outlook from Microsoft. There is use of IMAP protocol there. You cannot able to see your messages in Gmail account but you can able to download it to a client. You can able to read all your mails from one platform that is outlook. For that you just need to add your SBCglobal account using IMAP server and enter name of server as imap.yahoo.mail.com. The port number allocated for this service is ‘993’ you have to enter the same in port number settings and don’t forget to enable the SSL security.
The settings for POP3 is applied to all sbcglobal net email settings that ends with .net, att.net, packball.net, Ameritech.net, prodigy.net, nvbell.net and snet.net. It covers almost all the extensions.
This is the means of transferring emails from global to Gmail google account via intermediary www SBCglobal net. I think this information will serve your purpose. In any case, if you find the problem in transferring the account now even, then you can take help from the experts sitting as professional assistant on the official website by just dialling the service support numbers. You can also take help from the other email troubleshooting websites.