Emails and problems go hand in hand, but that is not a matter of concern. When those problems don’t get fixed, then that’s the problem. This is what is happening to SBCGlobal email users, as they are not being able to access their email accounts. They feel as if someone else has accessed their accounts. Let us find out what the real issue is and how to solve it.
A hacked email account is an issue that needs to be taken seriously. If your SBCGlobal email account has been hacked, then here is what you need to do to fix the problem.
Here are a few points that you need to check if your SBCGlobal email account is really hacked:
- The first step that you need to do is get a report for your email account from one of your contacts. If he/she receives an email from your account, which hasn’t been sent by you, then it confirms your email account is hacked. In that condition, your emails will keep on forwarding automatically from SBCGlobal email.
- If you find that the password for your email account has been changed, then someone else must have changed it on purpose. Due to this, the person who has hacked your email account will keep on sending emails to your accounts on your behalf, which could be anything.
- If you find that some emails have gone missing from your SBCGlobal email account, then this could be an indication that your email account is hacked. You will have to get in touch with SBCGlobal email support providers because you can’t retrieve the emails on your own.
- There is one more method by which you can make out if your email account was hacked or not, i.e., opening your email account from different locations and links. If the links opened from varied locations are showing the same location, then that confirms the hacking of your email account. You will have to take the help of experts to get rid of the problem.
How to solve the issue and prevent it from happening in the future as well?
- To restore the functionality of the email account like old ways, you will have to first change your password using SBCGlobal email help and support. Make sure that new password that you set is literally impossible to imagine.
- If your SBCGlobal email account is associated with Yahoo, then you can use the sign-in seal, which is a tool that will verify your identity visually and won’t permit anyone to sneak into your SBCGlobal email. You can select a visual ID from fun images or from your computer.
- To safeguard your account, you can add a secondary email address as well, which will receive notifications if someone tries to break into your SBCGlobal email account.
- There is one more option that you can use, i.e., adding your mobile number to receive notifications at the time when your email account is on the verge of being hacked. You will receive a notification and reset link on your phone through which you can reset your email password.
For more help, you can get in touch with SBCGlobal support as they are the right people to help you with this precarious situation.