Emails have now become an important part of one’s life. We can’t of surviving without it as all the important messages are stored in the email account. If you are facing error 550 on the account screen, then follow the steps given in the post.
Error code 550 is displayed on screen whenever there is a problem with the recipient’s address. You might be wanting to know the reason for this error code and how to fix it on your own. Let’s dive into details of this problem.
- Authentication blocked: Are you facing problem in receiving or sending the email on SBCGlobal email account? If yes, then you might be committing some mistake while entering the login credentials. If the SMTP settings are incorrect or email login details are not valid, you will find Authentication void message on the screen. You can follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem.
- Open ‘Mail program’ and switch to enable ‘SMTP authentication’. Go to ‘My server requires authentication’ option.
- If you have configured mail client program like Outlook, windows live mail on the computer, then there is no need to done authentication separately. It will be done automatically. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm the setup.
- Sending email from the wrong address: Any error or mistake while entering the email address may cause error 550. If you don’t know the email address to whom you are going to send the email, then check it from some other device or from the person itself. To get rid of this issue, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Check the email address and password, it must be entered properly or carefully.
- If you are configuring the email for the first time, then enter the mail address twice in the given boxes. This is required for verification purpose.
- After a successful setup, it will take 24 hours for proper activation of the account.
- Try not to enter any special character in the email address, otherwise, you may forget it rather server even sometimes doesn’t recognize it.
- Wrong recipients address: To send a message to a person, you have to enter the email address in ‘To’ field. If the email address entered in incorrect in the field, you will find error 550 on the SBCGlobal email account screen and the message will get stored in the email outbox folder. You can forward the message anytime by entering the right email address. To get rid of the false email address issue, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Check the spellings of your email address carefully before clicking on the ‘Send’ button. It is advisable to confirm the email address from a person before sending the mail to him.
- You need to make sure that the receiver servers are free from faults if any. If there is an outage problem reported, then you will get an error message.
With the help of the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix error 550 from SBCGlobal email account screen. If you are still getting the problem, you can contact experts available online.
Visit our Att.net Email at SBCGlobal additional details and if you need assistance with Att, contact Att.net Login