There are millions of Mac users in the U.S who have stated that they have started facing problem in accessing the SBCGlobal mail from their system after performing an update on OS version. The same problem has been reported by Gmail users as well who have tried to access it from their MacBook.
Keeping all these complaints into consideration, we are going to discuss some tricks and tips which will help you in getting rid of this problem. If you are among the one who is facing the same problem, then keep reading this post. If you find these steps helpful, you can mention your feedback in the comment section mentioned below. If you find any problem, you can contact SBCGlobal email support and talk to an executive. You can apply the same steps to Rediff, Gmail or other email service providers.
Steps for fixing the main problem on your MacBook.
- Open SBCGlobal mail icon from the desktop and click to open it. Go to ‘Preferences’ from the Drop-down menu.
- Open the ‘Email account’ on which you are getting the problem. If more than one email account is configured, then you need to select the right email address from the list of accounts.
- Open ‘Advanced’ menu from settings.
- Check the box which says, ‘Automatically detect mail settings’. Uncheck the box and enter the settings carefully.
- Restart SBCGlobal email app now and check if the problem is resolved or not. If not, then go to the next troubleshooting step.
- If the account email settings are already unchecked by default, then you need to simply go to the next step to set incoming as well as outgoing server address. If you are facing problem in the login to the account from a browser, then clear the cache and cookies of your browser from ‘Settings’ menu given on the top right-hand
This way, you can remove the problem related to the settings of your SBCGlobal net email account. If you are facing the same problem on Gmail or Yahoo mail service, then you can follow the steps as it is. This is you can say the simplest and best way to fix the settings problem of your email service. Another fix to this problem is, restart your email app again and again from the laptop and check if the problem still persists, then call email support.
If the problem is still infuriating you, then you can do one thing. Just rebuilt the mailbox by following the steps mentioned below.
- The steps given on the support link of MacBook’s can be referred. You just need to add the device information in the form, rest everything will be filled automatically.
- If you have installed version 10.10.4 or higher, then these steps are applicable.
- This problem is being faced by only those users who have recently updated their Mac OS. So, if you are unsure with the current OS installed in your Mac, then you can get it checked online by entering the device details on help link. If you are getting the problem with the mail, then there is the possibility of a server outage problem as well. In such cases, you need to sit back and relax. Wait for the server to go up.