Is your SBCGlobal email not working on ios11? If yes, then read the post, we have placed some suggestions in it which will help you in fixing the irritating issue. You can apply this solution to iOS 11.1 and 11.2 even.
Apple has launched this OS version a few days back. Some users have already installed it and some are trying to install it now so as to upgrade the features and functions of their iPhone. Those who have done with this update have reported the problem in their mail app after in IOS 11. If you are also getting this problem with your SBC account on Email app, then read the helpful tips mentioned in this guide.
If you are facing issue related to sending a message from outlook.com, then we recommend you to update the OS version to 11.2. This OS is updated version of 11.1 and is free from all the bugs which were creating a problem.
- Mail app not receiving the mail and saying the password is incorrect: After updating your phone OS to 11.1, you won’t be able to receive messages on your email app and seems as if the incoming server is blocked. At the same time, you will receive an error related to incorrect password. To fix this problem, delete your email account and add it again from scratch.
Steps to add email account again are :
- Open settings, go to ‘Mail’ option.
- Click on ‘accounts’. Select your account from the list of email service providers.
- Sign Out of the account.
- Click on ‘Add an account’ option and add the email details here.
- Blank screen after opening the email app: If you have used any special character in your email address, then there are chances of getting a blank screen after opening the email app. To fix this issue, you need to contact Apple support. In the meantime, you can also try below-mentioned steps
- Remove account from the phone which is creating an issue.
- Delete old emails from inbox folder and check for messages which are larger than 6 MB in size. If you find any ‘Failure message’ in the outbox folder, then delete it at once.
- Restart your Apple device. For this, press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds until you see the apple logo. If you are using iphone8, then press volume up button and power button together. Finally, press the power button to see Apple logo. The steps to restart your iphone7 model are different from that of iphone8.
- Restore apple device. For this, you need to connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes on it. First, take backup of your phone data then perform restore function. If you find that the SBC problem still exists, then you can perform a hard reset on your device. This will solve the problem at once.
If all the new messages start receiving in the Trash folder of your Sbc Global email, then you can click on link which says, ‘How to fix unable to receive a message in inbox folder’ link from the official SBCGlobal page.
Conclusion: We hope this guide will help you in fixing the email issue reported in your ios11 and 11.1/2. If you are still facing the same problem, then do write to us in our comment section provided below.