Are you not able to access your SBCGlobal email in your email app? Well, there is nothing to worry, as you can easily get rid of the problem by following the below-mentioned guide. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Check SBCGlobal email Status Page
The reason you are not able to access your SBCGlobal email is due to improper functioning of SBCGlobal servers. You can go to www.SBCGlobal.com and check if the servers are still down or came back up.
Step 2: Log in to your webmail
You need to go to SBCGlobal email and log into your email account. With this, you’ll be able to check whether the email address is working or not.
If you are unable to log in, go to ‘Email Management’ in your SBC email control panel to check the below-mentioned settings.
- Check if the email address is created under ‘Accounts’ and not as ‘Alias’.
- Check if your SBCGlobal email address is active.
- Change the password of your email account and try to log in again after a few minutes.
- If you are still not able to log into your SBCGlobal email despite changing the password, then you will have to get in touch with SBCGlobal email help and support providers. If you are successful, then move onto the next step.
Step 3: Check your settings
Make sure that you have used the correct settings in your email program. Sometimes, people make typing error or add unnecessary spaces, so those things can cause email to stop working.
- Username: Enter your SBCGlobal email address.
- Password: Enter the password for your email account.
- Incoming Server: att.yahoo.com or pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
- Outgoing server: att.yahoo.com or smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
Authentication for outgoing server
If you are using SBCGlobal email on MS Outlook, then you will have to set authentication for the outgoing server. This will be same as that of the incoming server, i.e., your email address and password.
Check port numbers
You need to check whether you’re using the correct port numbers or not, which you can check under ‘Advanced Settings’. You may need to use different ports depending on your internet provider and client.
- For incoming server: Use port ‘993’ with SSL.
- For Outgoing server, you can use one of the following combinations:
- 465 with TLS/SSL (recommended)
- 587 with SSL/TLS
- 25 or 2525 without security (not recommended)
Path of the root
You can set the path of root folder under ‘Advanced’ Settings, which is also called IMAP prefix. The correct path is ‘INBOX’ in capital letters.
If the email is still not working, then move onto step 4.
It is recommended to set up your SBCGlobal email account with IMAP. If you want to set up the email account using POP3, then make sure to use the following settings. Pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com – port 995 – SSL enabled.
Step 4: Check your internet connection
Your antivirus, firewall or network settings that might be blocking your email program. Therefore, here is what you need to do:
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall, and try again.
- There could be certain blocked ports on your computer network. You need to try to connect to a different network.
That sums up the troubleshooting of SBCGlobal email, and if you come across any issue after following aforementioned steps, then consult At&T Customer Service Email experts for help.