Emails nowadays have become a part of everyone’s life. We can’t imagine a single second without email because all our routine work is dependent on email only. Moreover, the process of configuring any mail on a smartphone is too simple that you can configure within some minutes. From the last few days, we are getting a query from our customers in which they are asking the steps to setup SBCglobal email on their Samsung S7 edge phone. Keeping their query in mind, we are going to share steps with you. You must pay close attention to these steps.
First of all, we all know that configuring an SBCglobal mail on phone required a steady and proper internet connection. For this, you can either enable the data pack of your phone or connect the phone to a Wi-Fi network. Follow the below-mentioned steps to connect the smartphone to wireless networks.
- Open phone settings from the ‘App’ menu.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router and modem.
- Search for available wireless networks and click on the right SSID from the list. You may be required to enter the SSID manually. In such case, you can follow an on-screen guide.
- Enter the passcode for your SSID. If you have not changed the router SSID once, then you can check the password from the back of your router. It is written over there.
- Once you get connected, you will find a message which says, ‘Successfully connected to the network’ on the screen.
Note: Before connecting to the network, check if you are running the latest version of Android OS in the phone or not. If an update is available, first update the phone by connecting it to the computer. Download the update in the computer and transfer it to the smartphone with the help of USB cable.
How to configure SBCglobal mail?
- From the home screen of your phone, Click on 9 dotted lines given at the bottom center of the screen.
- This will open the app menu. Click on ‘Email’ and add a new account.
- Enter email address in the username field and password in the password field. Make sure that you are entering a right password for a right email account.
- Click on ‘Manual’ setup. Enter the type of account you want to configure on your phone. It can be IMAP or POP3 type.
- If prompted for email settings, click to enter them one by one.
- Click ‘Sign-in’.
- Read on-screen instructions and manage the account settings.
- Once done, click ‘Finish’ to end the setup. In the case of more information, you can visit the Samsung support page.
Email settings for SBCglobal email
- Username: Enter complete SBCglobal email address in this field.
- Password: Enter the same password you used to login to the account from your browser.
- SSL: The SSL feature should be enabled for all the account types.
- Port number: 994
- Outgoing mail server: mobile.SBCglobal.net
- Port: 596
- Authentication check: Yes
Note: Using two account type at the same type may put you in trouble. For instance, if you are using IMAP account type on one device and POP type SBCglobal on another, then you will find an error message on the screen that ‘Your email is already running on different web client’. To avoid this problem, we recommend you to always use the IMAP account type for an SBCglobal email account. If you don’t know what are IMAP or POP3 accounts, then you can read the complete article about this on the internet. The steps for switching the account from POP to IMAP and vice versa are also available on the support link.