You have just activated your iPhone, connected it to the Internet and downloaded the Facebook app. Well done, but isn’t there something that you are forgetting? You have not yet set up email in Mail! If you do not do this, you will not be able to send and receive emails with your beautiful “iPhone 11 Pro”. Don’t you know how to set up an email on your new iPhone? Don’t worry, we will help you out.
If you want to learn how to set up Mail on your iPhone, all you have to do is take five minutes and read the instructions we are about to give you. In less than 5 minutes, regardless of the email service you use, you will be able to configure your iPhone in a matter of seconds and send and receive emails through it.
How to add an account in Mail on the iPhone
- If you are interested in finding out how to set up Mail on the iPhone, the first step you need to take is to set up a new account within the application.
- Then press the Settings icon located on the iOS home screen, select the item Mail from the screen that opens, presses the Account and Add account buttons and select the email service you want to configure on the iPhone: iCloud, Exchange, Google, Yahoo!, AOL, Outlook.com, or other if you want to configure a different e-mail provider than those just mentioned.
- Now you have to fill in the form that is proposed to you indicating the email address you want to configure on the iPhone, the password needed to access it and, if required, a description of the account (e.g. Gmail Home).
- If you have chosen to set up an IMAP/POP account via the ‘Other’ option, in addition to the email address and password you must also enter the “coordinates” to connect to your inbox (i.e., IMAP/POP3 and SMTP servers). You can find the exact “coordinates” to enter on the official website of your email provider.
- Once you have filled out the form with all the required information, press the Next button at the top right, wait for the settings you entered to be verified, choose which items to synchronize with the selected email service (mail, contacts, calendars, reminders, etc.) and press ‘Save’ to complete the procedure.
- If you want, you can set up Mail to use multiple email accounts. All you have to do is follow the instructions above and configure all the addresses you want.
- Once you have configured your email accounts on the iPhone, to choose the default one with which to send new emails, go to the Settings> Mail menu, scroll the screen to the bottom and press the Default account button.
That sums up the process of how to set up an email on the brand new iPhone 11 Pro. If you are facing difficulties while following the process, then you can take assistance of experts.