AT&T has now started its new venture by providing AT&T email for you. You could sign up for an ATT mail right now at currently.com.
Here, we have provided the information about how you could configure your AT&T email and customize your AT&T email server settings.
But firstly, we will elaborate on how you could sign up for an AT&T email.
Steps to set up an AT&T email account
You need to follow the following steps to set up your AT&T email account:
- Firstly, open the com site in your browser.
- Now click on the Create AT&T Account
Or the Create one now button if you are using the https://signin.att.com/ web address.
- You, now, will be asked to enter your wireless number & ZIP code. Using these, we’ll send you a confirmation code.
- Enter the confirmation code you received and then press
- Now you have to enter the AT&T email address and password of your choice.
- Then complete your profile info. And select your security questions and answer accordingly.
- Now follow the prompts necessary to verify your account.
- Make sure to get a print or copy of your password, email address, and security questions. So you don’t have to be worried if you forget them.
- Lastly, click Continue on the confirmation page.
You have successfully created your AT&T account now.
A great feature about the AT&T email address is that your AT&T email address could also be used as your User ID in myAT&T to manage your mail account profiles. And thus, you may observe your user ID being referred to as an AT&T user ID or as a Member ID email address.
The AT&T email also provides you the following great features such as:
- It offers you to customize your email home page at com.
- Allows you to organize your calendar and contacts.
- And it keeps you updated by providing you knowledge about the latest news, weather, sports, and stocks.
AT&T email server settings
AT&T allows you to access your AT&T emails using several email programs or apps, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail.
POP3 and IMAP are two email server settings commonly used by most email programs and apps to send and receive emails. And these email server settings work well with the email addresses of any one of the following domains:
@att.net, @currently.com, @nvbell.net, @prodigy.net, @snet.net, @wans.net, @ameritech.net, @bellsouth.net, @flash.net, @pacebell.net, @sbcglobal.net, or @swbell.net.
And so you don’t face any issue while updating your email server settings, we demonstrated below how to do it on Microsoft Outlook.
AT&T email server settings for Microsoft Outlook
You have to follow the following steps to update the AT&T email server settings for Microsoft Outlook. And it would be better if you are applying these steps on the first time or new computer:
- First, open the Outlook app on your device and select the File option from the Add Account
- Now click on the Manual Setup or the additional server types
- Choose the POP or IMAP.
- You now have to enter your User information.
So put in your name that you would like to be displayed.
And put in your AT&T email address.
- Now complete your server information.
Select the account type- IMAP or POP3.
Then select your Incoming mail server- For IMAP use, imap.mail.att.net, and for POP3, use inbound.att.net.
Select your Outgoing mail server- For IMAP use, smtp.mail.att.net, and for POP3, use outbound.att.net.
- Now enter your logon information.
For User Name, use your full email address.
For password, enter your secure mail key.
And select the Remember Password and require logon using Secure Password Authentication.
- Now click on the More Settings
In the following step, you have to complete your Outgoing Server Info.
Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
And select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
- At last, you have to complete your advanced info.
In the incoming server option enter, 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP3.
In the section, Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL.
For the outgoing server option, enter 465 for both IMAP and POP3.
And again, choose SSL to use the following type of encrypted connection.
- Now, first, click the OK and then the Next Here your account info will be tested by Outlook. And as the last step, click Select.
Update AT&T email settings
As you are done with your AT&T email setup, you could follow the following steps to update your email with a secure mail key:
- Firstly, open the Account Settings and select the File option,
- Now select your AT&T email account and click the Change
- Select these IMAP or POP settings:
For the Incoming server, select imap.mail.att.net for IMAP, or inbound.att.net for POP3.
For the Outgoing mail server, select smtp.mail.att.net for IMAP, or outbound.att.net for POP3.
- Now enter your User ID, which is your complete AT&T email address.
For the password, use your secure mail key and check the Remember password option.
- Now click on the Next button and, Outlook will analyze your account settings.
- At last, tap the Close and then the Finish
- And now you have successfully updated your AT&T email settings.
Well, I have mentioned the Secure Mail key in the above sections quite a few times. The Secure Mail Key is a new technology for email security. Many email apps support Open Authentication or OAuth technology, which keeps your email and password encrypted. But some email apps, including Outlook, do not support this technology. And thus, one can use Secure Mail Key to keep their User ID and Password safe for the apps that do not support OAuth technology.
The following is the list of apps that supports OAuth technology:
- Apple Mail, Outlook mobile, and Yahoo mail app (on iPhones, iPad with IOS 9.0 and above)
- Gmail, Outlook mobile, and Yahoo mail app ( for android devices with Android 5.0 and above)
- Apple mail (for MACs with OS10.11/EI captain and above)
- Windows mails (For PCs with Windows 10)
So if you are using the desktop version of Outlook, you need to get a Secure Mail Key.
Steps to create a Secure Mail Key
Follow the following steps to create a Secure Mail Key:
Note that the below steps are common for all devices, whether it’s your mobile, tablet, or computer.
You need to create the Secure Mail Key for each Att Email account using the myAT&T page.
And keep your AT&T User ID and Password handy to sign in into myAT&T.
- Firstly, open the Sign-in-info and click on the Profile
- If you have multiple accounts operating, select the account that you want Secure Mail Key for, from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, select the single account that you are operating.
- Now, scroll down to the Secure Mail Key option and click on the Manage Secure Mail Key
- For multiple account users, select the account that you want your Secure Mail Key for.
- Now click on Add Secure Mail Key.
You could type anything that you could easily remember, as your Secure Mail Key. To make it easy, type any nickname of your choice.
- Once you have entered your Secure Mail Key, tap the Create Secure Mail Key
- Now click the Copy Secure Mail key to Clipboard. To be on the safe side, write down the Security Mail Key too.
Note: that the Secure Mail will only be shown until you press OK.
And you can always create a new Secure Mail Key if you forget your current one.
- Once you are done with the above steps, press
- And as the last step, open your preferred email app and replace your password with your Security Mail Key.
Do not worry if you forget your password. You could easily reset your password.
The password reset procedures are different for AT&T’s wireless service users and Non-wireless service users.
Password Reset for wireless service users
AT&T assigns a wireless number to the User IDs of their Wireless service users. And through this wireless number, you can get easy access to your wireless phone also.
How to find your Wireless Service number:
If you are not sure whether you have a Wireless Number assigned to you or not, follow the following steps to find out:
- Open the Contact Info page through your myAT&T profile.
- Click on the Phone
- If you see any phone number listed in the My AT&T wireless number section, it is your wireless number.
To change, remove or assign your Wireless Number
- Open the Contact Info page through your myAT&T profile.
- Open the Phone
- Go to the My AT&T wireless number section, tap the Add, Edit, or Remove option according to your preferences.
- Now click on
- If you have opted for the assign or change option, you will receive a verification code on your wireless number. You need to enter this verification number.
The Wireless service users receive the temporary password on their wireless number.
Password Reset for Users not having a Wireless Number
The users that do not have a wireless number could follow the following steps for password reset:
- First, open your myAT&T profile, and select the Contact Info
- Now go to the Phone tab, and click on the Edit option in the Billing Phone Numbers
- Make your wireless number a primary or secondary number.
- Click on the option: Use this number to recover your user ID or reset your password.
- Click the Save
- Some confirmation steps will be sent to your wireless number within 24 hours. Complete those steps.
Be aware that the process could take up to 30 days. So you might not be able to use your wireless number to reset your password for that long.
Password Reset for free AT&T Mail users
In case you are using a free AT&T mail address and don’t have a linked ID, follow the following steps for password reset:
- Firstly, Sign in at your myAT&T with your AT&T user ID and password.
- Then click on the Sign-in-info
- Now go to the My linked accounts and click on the Manage email
- Tap on the Edit user information.
- Now put in your Wireless Number and then check the box saying Use this number to reset your password.
- Then click on the Save Changes
- At last, you have to complete some final steps that could be sent to you on your wireless number within 24 hours.
Again note here that this process could take up to 30 days. Hence, you may not be able you use your wireless number for a password reset for that long.
And if you are using a free AT&T mail, you might also not be able to create any subaccounts as well.
If you still have any further issues or queries regarding the AT&T email and AT&T email server settings, you could happily visit AT&T Support Att Email at .